8 Colemans Becoming 10


The journey of a family of ten, loving Jesus, loving each other, loving a hurting world.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Wrecked!

Kurt went to Haiti with Convoy of Hope this week and came back "wrecked". That's such a great word for a believer. To be "wrecked"..."gloriously ruined"..."disturbed". Those are words that awaken our souls to the need around us. Those are words that push us into action. Kurt will never be the same after seeing the people of Haiti...their need, their desperation, their beautiful faces, their hope. I have been "wrecked" since I looked into the faces of three African boys in a picture in my preschool Sunday School class. After going to Ethiopia, my level of wreckage was overwhelming. I've never been the same. Now, we have two more sons that need their family and I am ruined more and more everyday. I long to bring them home, to wrap my arms around them and tell them they will never be alone again, to watch them grow and flourish in a family and community that loves them. Our first step towards bringing our boys home was complete this week. We sent in the first packet of paperwork to our agency and we are on our way! Our next step will be to complete the dossier. Let God wreck you for His Kingdom, breaking your heart as His breaks. It's the journey that brings us to a place of changing the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment