8 Colemans Becoming 10


The journey of a family of ten, loving Jesus, loving each other, loving a hurting world.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ever Watchful

It is midnight. I am suffering with a season of insomnia and am about to try to sleep again. As I sit at my computer, the house quiet, the kids sleeping, and the night deep, my sons in Ethiopia are just awaking eight hours ahead of me. We had a fun evening with friends tonight, cooking out at their house and the kids playing with their friends. Kurt and I enjoyed our time, yet something was missing. Once you hear the call of God for a child, they become yours. It's a wonderful miracle that transpires in your heart, yet it brings a heaviness as you live each day waiting for your child to come home. We have two children we love with all our hearts. We long to be together. As I sleep, my sons will be going about their morning at the orphanage. They are wrapping up their school year, will probably play some soccer, or a rousing game of UNO. Today, they will live their life in Ethiopia, not yet home with their family. How glad I am to know that God never sleeps nor slumbers. He is ever watchful over my sons, protecting them, ordering their steps, leading them to their new life with us. It's the only comfort I have being on the other side of the globe. Knowing how they must live for now could overwhelm me with helplessness, but God is the perfect parent. He will keep them, He will watch them with a careful eye. A sign posted at Kolfe Orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment